Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One shot, two shots, three shots, more shots...we think

I guess it is my turn to post, and I'm writing on a terrible keyboard so I appologize for my mistakes. I'll start where luke left off last night. We left our humble abode of leo's room/hallway to go downstairs for dinner. Leo already had the curazu blue sitting out with a shot glass, so it was time to take shots. We passed the liquor around the dinner table until we cashed it - about two shots each while we ate our wonderful steak dinner with rice, beans, some cheesy potatoe thing, salad, and some bread...delicious. I have to say it was a little weird taking shots at the dinner table next to a young girl, leo's mom, cousin, and some rando.

We soon left for another adventure to EL PUEBLO! We met up with a couple ticas and three members of the st. olaf group and onto La Periferica we went. We showed up at El Pueblo shortly after nine...way too early. Much to our dismay, the place was a ghost town. All of the bars were shut down. We decided to go somewhere else, but as we were starting to leave we heard some music. None other than the late, great 2Pac! I knew it could only be one place, Tony's! Tony is a bartender I met when I was abroad two years ago. He rocks out to only the best old school, American hip hop. We thought we would stay for one beer since nobody else was there, but one thing led to another and multiple beers and somewhere around 3 tequila shots later we were getting Jose Cuervo poured down our throats. We had a little dance party and ended up having a great time. We even got to dj.
It soon came time to leave and of course, like most times we drink, get some snacks. Rivers and Luke were already chowing down on some pizza, but I wanted chicken. Leo and I went to the fried chicken stand, but decided the price was too high. So we settled for pizza. That wouldn't satisfy me, however. I wandered back to the chicken stand and offered a price for two pieces that they couldn't resist. No one else was going to eat it, so they sold it to me. It came time to leave, so we made it back to Leo's and did some internetting....some of you might know what was sent. Rivers may or may not remember doing that...


We were going to catch a ride with Leo at seven am to the Coca Cola bus station for our journey to Jaco. I didn't wake up for my watch alarm, surprise surprise. Rivers and Luke woke up to theirs I guess, but didn't want to get up. So Leo woke me up when he left for work and told me how to get there, sort of. And I'm pretty sure I still had mucho tequila and Imperial in my system, so it was a bit hazy. So we winged another bus ride into San Jose, not really knowing where it would take us or where we exactly had to be. We got off the bus somewhere downtown and headed west to the bus station.


We were definitely targets for a nice little mugging as we walked with our big packs and could hear people talking about us as we passed them. Stupid Gringos. We stopped once to ask a cop for directions to the place, wandered a bit closer, asked another street vender and a kid overheard us and told me to follow some bum. Rule of thumb says never follow a bum to a second location (or according to Rivers). Not knowing whether or not we taken advantage of, I walked and talked with him in English as Rivers and Luke lagged behind telling me not to follow him. But I soon made a new friend. His English was quite good, probably since he lived in Dallas, Texas in 1972. I guess his cousin is a dentist there. He led us right to the bus stop, we only had about a block and a half to go so I think we did pretty well for having no idea where this place was. We arrived at 11:06 and the next bus didn't leave until 1:00, dammit. If we wouldn't have been so hung over.


We waited, met a couple people from Detroit, Michigan (that's depressing), read a bit, layed on the ground, Luke had to pay 100 colones (about 20 cents) to poop and only got a small ration of toilet paper, Rivers sought out some empanadas de pollo (sooo good, especially for our first food of the day), and we were serenaded by some Tico. We left on a full bus, there were many people standing in the aisle. We decided if any of us would have had to stand we would have died. Rivers had the worst seat on the bus, I sat there first but there was no room for my legs. He ended up giving his seat up to some lady and sat between to seats in the aisle. His hips were getting crushed, so I definitely would not have fit, cuz I'm fat. Rivers fought the urge to puke the entire bus ride, and there were several times when Luke and I felt the same. Winding around the mountains to get out of San Jose was awful. But it was beautiful. We eventually could see the Pacific Ocean, and the last few kilometers of our trip took as long as the majority of the length. We stopped all the time, and we couldn't wait to get off (sexually).


We are in our hostel now in Jaco, which is nice. I've got a hello kitty mattress and some STIDZ (but they don't phase us). Luke found a lighter on the bus, which single handedly cooked dinner for half the hostel. We ate the Taco Bar, I ordered pizza. Watched the Gophers bball game, they sucked. Now we are debating whether or not to go out again. The self proclaimed "hotttest beach party bar" is across the street from us. If not tonight, we will be there tomorrow, or both. The other hostel people are drinkin on the roof. We may also join them. Where's the basement?


We are going surfing tomorrow, so if we don't blog it's because we all drowned in the rip tide.





Peace and love,
Prez and the other two sluts

Viva El Pueblo!!!

0 comments: